About Me

Clovis, NM, United States
I live in a rural area with no professional job opportunities. As a result, several friends and I have recently started trying out a variety of work from home projects. This blog is about our experiences.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Mondays

Bad news, everyone. The Air Force just announced that they're no longer making a lot of staff slots available to rated officers. Apparently, they want to keep the people they've trained to fly flying and the people they haven't trained to fly sitting at desks. What it means for us is that Dan's chances of getting us out of here in 4-6 years just got a lot worse. Unless he can figure out something creative, I'm going to be stuck here until the end of his career. That means Elanna might have to go to Clovis High School. Needless to say, I think it's time I start researching homeschooling.
I don't even know what I'm going to do about a job for me. The plan was to wait until the kids were all in school, then I'd go back to work full-time, or at least get a job with some steady hours. Now I need to figure out what I want to do in 4-6 years. I think my choices out here are cattle rustling, Wal-Mart cashier, and stay-at-home-mom. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that I'm able to stay home with Elanna, but I have to do something once the kids go to school. Ideally, that something will earn me some real money, too. So far this freelance writing thing has earned me $.33; getting paid a portion of the advertising revenue of a site no one has ever heard of isn't really the path to my ultimate dream: a money pool like Scrooge McDuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.