About Me

Clovis, NM, United States
I live in a rural area with no professional job opportunities. As a result, several friends and I have recently started trying out a variety of work from home projects. This blog is about our experiences.

Monday, July 27, 2009

My cable is fixed! Dan and I were getting worried after it had been out all weekend that we might have to start spending time together as a family, but luckily that crisis has been avoided.

Today, Elanna got tested by the occupational therapist. While she's above average in all of her cognitive skills (problem solving, understanding language, pointing at pictures of ducks when asked) she has a tendency to favor her right side. I just figured she was going to be right-handed, but apparently people don't pick a side until they're 4 or 5 years old. She can do everything that she's supposed to at this age, just not with her left hand. Since no one wants the problem to get worse, she's going to start occupational therapy once a week. Supposedly if we address it now she won't have the problems learning to write that I did. We'll see.

The pediatrician said that Elanna is still in the upper five percent of kids her age for height and weight, but she thinks that's just where she's going to be on the growth curve. Dan is getting all excited; he thinks she can become a lacrosse player. If she gets really good that means she (and therefore Dan also) could get to meet Chuck Norris someday (he owns the American Lacrosse Association).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.